Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Catty Comments

At the risk of sounding petty, I'm detailing this to remind myself in future that my sister is easily jealous, so I should always be on my guard.

Auntie Emily mentioned that Audrey didn't pass the interview because of the swimming round. Not because she was a weak swimmer, but because she was too skinny to look good in a swimsuit. My sister immediately said, rather helpfully indeed, that I would not have been able to make it if they still kept that round in the interview, since I 'wouldn't be able to hide my fats'. She went on to say, 'she was able to pass cause she wore flattering clothes that hid her stomach. If she had been wearing a swimsuit, she would have to bare her real figure.' I paraphrase but you get the gist.

During the dinner at Imperial Treasure, she mentioned that the standards of THE airlines has dropped considerably, and it wasn't like how it was in the past when being a Girl was extremely prestigious. Now graduates would rather take up proper jobs in companies that pay better. Oh yes, go on and put me down. She's also pointedly implying that standards are low now, which is why I managed to get in. Which she alluded to time and again throughout the dinner.


Maybe I'm being petty. But you'd care to note that I'm curbing my tongue and ending my ranting here. There were other things she said, but I understand that this is who she is and it was after all, her birthday celebration today. Viva la Clara!

I know I'm not nearly as attractive as you, and I really don't care...just please stop putting me down in front of others.

What irked me the most was when she insisted I took some slimming supplement/pill from Fancl, which I didn't.


On a side note, I found this on my table when I got home. My father borrowed the books for me. Sometimes I really feel that he's more excited about training than I am. It must be because he thinks I'd be rolling in money as a FA. Everything he's interested in has got to do with money. I will always remember how his eyes light up whenever he hears the word 'money' or 'salary', and somehow, he'd appear from nowhere if you talk about money to anyone. And he'd hover around like a housefly eavesdropping, and clap if he hears that you'd be earning something, however paltry the sum is.

No comments:

Post a Comment